PROMOTION VALID ONLY IN JAMAICA
This “Connect and Collect” (“Promotion”) is sponsored by GraceKennedy Remittance Services (“Sponsor”), Authorized Agent of Western Union, located at GraceKennedy Remittance Services 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston, Jamaica.
Send or Receive one (1) Western Union money transfer from any Western Union® agent location or digitally during the Promotional Period in Jamaica and get an opportunity to win Cash in the “Connect and Collect” anniversary promotion. Customers sending or receiving a money transfer via any of our retail or digital options will be eligible and will be automatically awarded an entry.
Customers, 18 years of age or older, island-wide are eligible to enter and all qualifying money transfer transactions will be automatically entered for an opportunity to win one of three grand prizes of JA$1M in December, February and March in the anniversary promotion.
All Qualifying Transactions will be automatically entered for a chance to win in the “Connect and Collect” promotion. A Qualifying Transaction is any money transfer that is sent within Jamaica, received within Jamaica or sent Overseas from Jamaica during the promotional period.
Duration of the Promotion
The Promotion runs from December 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021 (“Promotional Period”)
- Grand Prize Draw Dates: December 30, 2020, February 5, 2021, March 5, 2021
Mechanisms – How to Qualify For Offer
All Qualifying Transactions within the Promotional Period will be awarded an automatic entry into the Grand prize draws for a chance to win the following highlighted in the table below:
|Prize Category||Prize Description / Amount ($JA)||Transaction Periods||Draw Dates|
|Grand Prize 1||1,000,000||November 25, 2020 to December 23, 2020||December 30, 2020|
|Grand Prize 2||1,000,000||December 24, 2020 to January 31, 2021||February 5, 2021|
|Grand Prize 3||1,000,000||February 1, 2021 to February 28,2021||March 5, 2021|
Advertising & Promotion
Advertising will be an integrated mix of both Above-the-Line (ATL) and Below-the-Line (BTL) activities. ATL activities will primarily be TV, Radio and Print – Sample layout and radio script enclosed. Additionally, advertising will be via the in-location TV screens, digital media boards, Online, mobile and social media platforms. Advertising and promotion will also include other direct marketing activities.
Prize Draws & Winners Selection
Prizes are exclusive of transfers, government taxes and fees, service charges, gratuities and other personal expenditures that may be incurred. No substitutions or transfers of prizes is permitted except at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be bartered or sold.
- All grand prizes payments will be made via First Global Bank manager’s cheque or deposited to a First Global Bank account. If the winning customer does not have a First Global Bank Account at that time, one will be opened to facilitate the related payment.
Prize Draws & Winners Selection
- Winner transaction will be automatically drawn and therefore a previous month winner will be allowed if they are drawn for the subsequent month.
- A winner can win more than once.
- Grand Prize winners will be drawn on the date indicated above at GraceKennedy Corporate Head Quarters, 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston 3:00 pm.
- Prize winners will be selected at random from the Western Union database using SPSS Version 16 software programme
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected in the promotion in December 2020, February 2021 and March 2021 respectively.
- Three (3) backup winners will be randomly selected after the Grand Prize winner have been drawn.
- Sponsor will make 3 attempts via telephone to contact each winner within three (3) working days after the draw.
- In the event that we are unable to contact the winner, the Sponsor reserves the right to select the backup winners in the order in which they were drawn. Failure to claim their prize within five (5) working days after notification will result in the prize being forfeited and a new selection made from the backup.
- Sponsor will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the winners apart from what is stated in the prizes.
Participating Store Locations and Digital Channels
- All GKRS locations in Jamaica (currently in operation) will participate in the promotion. (See location listing attached)
- All customers that send or receive a money transfer via Direct to Bank, TeleSend and the WUApp.
Odds of Winning:
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. Any expenses not specifically identified as part of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. Winners will be announced after the scheduled drawing. All drawings shall be conducted by the Sponsors. All decisions are final.
- Open only to individuals residing in Jamaica who are 18 years of age or older.
- Employees of Sponsor, Western Union, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members (mother, father, children) are not eligible.
- Prospective winners must state the name of the promotion “Connect and Collect” or the Western Union tagline: “Moving Money for Better” correctly after being called, identified by the promoting company and asked to do so.
- If requested by the Sponsor, Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability provided by Sponsor and if legally permissible, Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected.
- Return of any Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
- Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner will forfeit the prize in the event they refuse to have their names and likeness used for advertising purpose.
- Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Promotion or Redemption of any Prize.
- Winners must collect prizes at 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston and claim prize within five (5) working days of notification. A valid identification (Passport, Drivers Licence or Voter Registration) is required to claim and collect prize. Prizes not collected within the time frame will remain the property of the sponsor. Note that alternate arrangement maybe instituted to collect prize if face to face interaction is impacted due to Covid-19.
- By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Any claim or dispute arising under these rules is subject to the ruling of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission.
- Sponsor is not responsible for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or that are lost due to computer, telecommunications or electronic malfunction.
“Authorized under section 58 (3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act”