Duration of the Promotion
The Promotion runs from *SEPTEMBER 19 to
December 31” (“Qualifying Transaction Period”)
Start Date of Competition: SEPTEMBER 19, 2022
End Date of Competition: JANUARY 15, 2023
Mechanics-How to Enter
Receive one (1) Western Union money transfer sent from anywhere in the world at any Western Union location in Jamaica or using the Direct to Bank service during the Qualifying Transaction Period (“Qualifying Transactions”).
Customers 18 years of age or older, located in Jamaica are eligible to enter the Promotion and all Qualifying Transactions will be automatically entered into a drawing to win.
All receivers of Qualifying Transactions within the Qualifying Transaction Period (“Entrants”) will be automatically entered for a chance to win one of 100 prizes of $100,000 (“Fortnightly Prizes”).
There will be a total of 100 cash prizes of $100,000 each
Prize Draws & Winner Selection
The “10 Million Reasons to Receive” promotion winners will be selected by random drawings from all Qualifying Transactions.
Promotional period: *SEPTEMBER 19 –
DECEMBER 31, 2022
Extension period: *JANUARY 1 – JANUARY 15, 2023
|*Draw Date||*Promotion Period||Prize||Number of Winners|
|October 3rd||September 19 – September 30, 2022||$100,000||10|
|October 18th||October 1 – October 15, 2922||$100,000||10|
|November 2nd||October 16 – October 31, 2022||$100,000||10|
|November 17th||November 1 – November 15, 20922||$100,000||10|
|December 2nd||November 16 – November 30, 2022||$100,000||10|
|December 19th||December 1 – December 15, 2022||$100,000||25|
|January 4th||December 16 – December 31, 2022||$100,000||15|
|January 16th||January 1 – January 15, 2023||$100,000||10|
Winners are eligible for one prize only.
- Prize winners will be selected at random from the Western Union database using SPSS Version 16 software programme. The process entails logging into the system using company issued credentials, entering the “Qualifying Transaction Period’ (please refer to the table above), then entering the number of winners for the period e.g., 10 for September 19-September 30, 2022, 25 for the third and second to last draw respectively. After that is entered, ten entrants’ names and their contact details will appear on-screen, and those individuals will be the winners. An additional 20 entrants’ names will be selected (as the back-up winners; two back-ups for each winner) and an additional 50 and 30 entrants’ in the case of the 25 and 15 winners. Representatives of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission (BGLC) can oversee the selection process on all draw dates in person or via our online conference platform, Microsoft Teams. A link to this platform will be furnished by GKMS representatives, Ayanna Kirton Hynes (Marketing Manager, Remittances) or Bianca Ferguson Duncan (Marketing Officer, Remittances) on request and the screen share feature will be employed for the BGLC representative to oversee the process if online oversight is selected.
- Prize winners will be selected at random using the drawing tools at GraceKennedy Financial Group, 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston.
- Sponsor will make three (3) attempts to contact each winner via telephone within one (1) working day after the draw.
- If GKMS representatives are unable to successfully contact the winner, the Sponsor reserves the right to select and contact the backup winners in the order in which they were drawn.
- Failure to claim their prize within ten (10) working days after notification will result in the prize being forfeited and a new selection made from the backup winners.
Odds of Winning
Odds of winning depend upon the number of Qualifying Transactions during the Promotional Period. Any expenses not specifically identified as part of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. Winners will be announced after the scheduled drawing. All drawings shall be conducted by the Sponsors. All decisions are final.
1) The opportunity to enter to win the Fortnightly prizes is open only to individuals residing in Jamaica who are 18 years of age or older.
2) Employees of Sponsor, GraceKennedy Money Services, Western Union and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members (mother, father, and children) are not eligible.
3) Winner will be required to sign a talent release form upon acceptance of a prize which constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
4) Winners will forfeit the prize in the event they refuse to sign the talent release form to grant permission to GraceKennedy Money Services and its agencies to use their names and likenesses for advertising purposes.
5) Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Promotion or Redemption of any Prize.
6) Winners must claim prizes by within ten (10) working days of notification. Winners must provide valid identification (Passport, Drivers Licence or Voter Registration Card), banking information and address to claim their prize. The cash prize will be loaded on to a prepaid Visa card issued by GraceKennedy Money Services.
7) All unclaimed prizes will remain the property of GraceKennedy Money Services.
8) By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Any claim or dispute arising under these rules is subject to the ruling of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission.
9) Prizes are not transferable.
10) Authorized under Section 58(3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act.
PROMOTION VALID ONLY IN JAMAICA
This “10 MILLION REASONS TO RECEIVE” Promotion is sponsored by GraceKennedy Money Services (GKMS) (“Sponsor”)., Authorized Agent of Western Union in Jamaica, located at GraceKennedy Financial Group, 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston, Jamaica.