Receive a Money Transfer Directly to your Bank Account.
Start your Registration Today:
Note: There are two options when using the Direct to Bank Service
For In Store
Transfers made easier!
SEE MORE INFORMATION BELOW
Money coming in to Jamaica. Senders may transfer funds to their receivers account in Jamaica. After the receiver has done a one-time registration for the service, funds will automatically be sent to their account.
Intra-Island. Senders in Jamaica may transfer funds to their receiver’s account in Jamaica. After the receiver has done a one-time registration for the service, funds will automatically be sent to their account.
Please visit a Western Union® agent location to register your account details to start receiving direct to bank money transfers.
You need all of the following:
- A MyWU number. If you don’t have one, you can get one at a Western Union agent location. You can also sign up for one at http://www.mywu.com
- Any of the following ID’s*:
- Jamaica Drivers License
- Jamaica National + TRN
- Passport + TRN
Note: If at any time you expect to receive more than US$2,000 in a single transaction, your receiver MUST have 2 ID’s on file in your registration.
- Proof of current address
- A current telephone/ mobile number
- Proof of current occupation
- Your banking details:
- Name of your bank
- Official Name of the bank branch (as shown on statement)
- Your account number
Proof of account ownership (One of the following):
- Bank statement
- Bank Book
- Digital Screen shot showing full name on the account and account number in the same view
- Cancelled cheque; or Letter from the bank to the customer with the customer name and account number shown).
You will be able to receive your first direct to bank transaction 24 hours after the registration.
The following banks are supported at this time are:
- First Global Bank (FGB)
- National Commercial Bank (NCB)
- Scotiabank (Scotia)
- First Caribbean International Bank (FCIB)
Please call our Customer Service Centre at 876-926-2454 to receive the latest information (additional banks and credit unions, etc.).
Timing is everything! Depending on the time the transaction is sent, your transaction will be received by the transaction by the times noted.
- For transfers to FGB, NCB and Scotia Bank accounts, transfers sent before 3:45pm local Jamaica time are generally deposited the same business day.
- For all other banks, transfer will generally be completed by the next business day.
Yes! After we receive a transaction that is destined for your bank account, you have 7 days to complete your registration. If you do not complete your registration within this time, your transfer will automatically be returned to the sender at the end of the 7th day.
No. Transactions that are sent directly to a bank account, cannot be changed for cash pickup.
You can either go into the bank and receive the cash after it is sent to your account OR ask the sender to request cancellation of the transaction and have them resend as a regular Western Union® transaction.
No. There are currently no charges to receive this type of transaction in your account.